Monday, June 16, 2008

Flying Wheels Century Ride



Saturday, in honor of Kelsey's Birthday :-), my friends, Bishop Bement and Rob Dempsey joined me on the Cascade Bicycle Club's sponsored Flying Wheels Century Ride. We actually had to add miles on after the ride to make it a full 100 miles which is my only criticism of the planned ride.




You can read all of the gory details of the ride in my cycling blog. For the most part, I enjoyed the ride. There were two very challenging climbs which I could have probably walked faster than I rode. However, Rob and Bishop were kind, the weather was great and the scenery was gorgeous.




The last climb came at about mile 75 or so. It was long, slow and what I considered to be "challenging". At one point, I think my speed was so slow, I swear I saw a toddler on a tricycle passing me.
<---Mile 86 after the last major climb, ready to ride the last 14 miles!

No comments: