Friday, June 27, 2008

Hospital Detour







Well I told ya I would add something when something "interesting" happened so here it is....When I was in high school I ruptured a ligament in my ankle and torn another one. To fix this they took half of my tendon and drilled a hole in my bone and put part of my tendon through that hole to act like the ligament. Yesterday I was playing tennis and I was putting a ball away and I came down wrong and my foot went right under me and I kinda rolled.



When I got up at first I thought I was fine it just hurt a little bit. Well then blood seriously started gushing out of my ankle and there was a whole that you could see down to the bone. The medics took a little bit to get to me, but they did and thought I had broken my ankle. I got to ride in the ambulance. 

They took some x-rays of my ankle and hand...nothing is broken thankfully. But my old surgery had so much elastic power that when it snapped it went through my skin and other layers (at least I think that's what the doc said).

So now I am in a cast for three weeks and the next three weeks a walking cast. Plus I think I will be moving apartments to be on the first floor. Oh but the exciting part is I get a cool wheel chair :).

5 comments:

ChrisandLindsay said...

Man, okay that was kinda disgusting for me to read!!! lol That stinks but I'm glad that everything turned out okay, or at least as okay as it can be under the circumstances.

Raymond V. Gessel said...

You are a brave girl, Ashley!! Not many of us would have the guts to post their injuries. All of us hope that you recover quickly! We love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there I hope you aren't in too much pain,I fell Friday and stuck in a cast now that I just got this morning but no holes in my ankle luckily! I didn't get a wheelchair I do have these crutches that really suck.Anyway feel free to write,tippytop100@gmail.com,Dave.

Ash said...

I'm glad that I will be home soon...just hope that flying won't be too painful tomorrow! Man I just hope by the fall I am back in the swing of things as well :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think it will be so painful but a huge inconvenience. I am flying in a week to Canada and I called the airline to have someone waiting with a wheelchair to bring through security and customs right up to the gate and when I land as well.Try ti get an isle seat as well.